RECARO Automotive Seating provides end customers with aftermarket seats and motorsports customers with racing shells and has been setting standards in automotive seating for decades. RECARO is a Product Group of the global Johnson Controls group, and employs around 1,000 people in the company’s eight global locations.
LE&A assisted RECARO, the world's premium manufacturer of performance automotive seating, with the company's social media efforts. Through the campaign, RECARO found the digital platform to be a highly cost-effective way to engage the automotive news media and consumers around the world.
- Global Strategy: Working with RECARO’s subsidiaries around the globe, LE&A led the development of a global digital strategy for the company
- Digital Event Support: LE&A developed a strategy for RECARO to support and enhance its numerous event and driver sponsorships in the digital space
- Media/Blogger/Enthusiast Relations: Using its digital platforms, LE&A helped RECARO develop relationships with opinion leaders in the performance automotive industry, resulting in unique promotional opportunities
- Microsite Development: Working with the approval of General Motors’ marketing team, LE&A developed a microsite (in Wordpress) for RECARO’s Camaro OEM program to serve two very niche populations; dealership staff and Camaro buyers
- LE&A managed all of the RECARO social media properties (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and achieved 174% growth (from 63,000 fans to 182,000 fans) for Facebook and 152% growth (from 274 followers to 2,798 followers) for Twitter (since Q1 2013) through engagement and content curation - no advertising
- In addition to growing a following, LE&A’s activity for RECARO on Facebook produced a 7% engagement rate (for comparison, the automotive industry average is 0.58%)
- On Twitter, LE&A produced an 0.20% engagement (for comparison, the luxury automotive industry average is 0.16%)