Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is a global retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed® doughnut, and has more than 1,000 retail shops in 24 countries.
LE&A was brought in to plan and execute the grand opening of the first West Michigan location of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.
- Create a “first in line” event to build buzz and generate excitement ahead of opening
- Recruit area students and residents to participate
- Develop and execute “Sneak Peek” event prior to opening
- Provide media relations support to build awareness and promote ongoing PR activities
- LE&A-designed contest promised “year’s supply of free donuts” to first in line
- With LE&A encouragement, people began camping out seven days before opening – setting a national record
- Efforts generated strong local and national awareness
- More than 1,200 people attended the “sneak peek” event
- First-week sales exceeding all expectations
- LE&A subsequently was asked to handle all Michigan store openings including Flint, Detroit, Kalamazoo and Lansing – where we set another national record for the longest campout, at 13 days!
Capabilities, Public Relations